Sunday, August 11, 2013

Building a gas tank by Tim Bradham!

Del from Mutiny Cycle works asked me about building his gas tank. With a cardboard template that he made, I took on the challenge and stepped it up a few notches... While Del had the vision of the tank being flat sided, I was thinking about how my Pullmax P9 could help me build it with rounded corners. So from an idea of Del's, to me pounding out some metal, here are the stages it took to build this one off tank! Enjoy...
^ It all started with this piece of 18g steel... 
^ Then the use of my Pullmax P9 I started shaping the tank.
^  With the top and sides shaped, I began to tig weld them together.
^ Metal finishing the welds, while metal bumping out the high/low spots.
^ The tunnel and bottom are made of 16g steel.
^ Finally done, my inspiration came a lot from Jesse James and Metal Church! A must to see, if your planning on building your own gas tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.