Sunday, August 31, 2014

"The Steven Project" Debut!


How "The Steven Project" gained life again:  A little over a year ago I saw a post about this CB750 for sale. When I contacted them, it ended up being a long time friend Dennis Robinson from Victory Glass Tinting. When I got there to look at the bike, Dennis told me the reason behind selling the bike. His older brother Steven had owned the bike for many years and had always wanted a Harley. Unfortunately, after getting the Harley his life was taken one afternoon while out riding.
After we talked for a bit, I ended up telling Dennis I'd build the bike with Steven in mind as a tribute to him. Dennis was pretty taken by it, and said it would mean a lot to him and the family. About a year in the making, we finished it and debuted the bike with the Robinson family at the Ton Up Bull City Rumble. The reaction from Dennis, walking up and setting his eyes on the bike for the first time, was priceless. After he stared at it for a bit, he finally looked around and saw me watching. After hugs, tears, and smiles, Steven's memory was reborn. 
As we sat back and watched the crowd of people looking at the bike, it was setting in that we had built a beautiful work of art. Looking back at the beginning of the build, I envisioned a Ducati, Isle of Man, and Porsche-inspired type of bike. I believe we did it!
   
Special Thanks......
The guys of TBC, Brad, Robbie, and Josh
My loving, supporting wife Jennifer
Dennis Robinson 
The Robinson Family
Miguel Flores (Moto-Tech Moto) for the parts







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.